If you’re like most people, you spend about one-third of your life in your bedroom. More importantly, these are the hours that recharge your mind and body for the day to come.
That means you want this space to be clean and dust-free—a haven that soothes you and allows you to sleep soundly until the business of the next day begins.
Thankfully, the bedroom is also a fairly simple room to clean, requiring just an hour or two. Here’s how to get the job done.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist
- Remove all clutter. You may reason that the bedroom is a good place for extra stuff to go because nobody sees it. The reality is that this space should be your oasis—the place where you relax and recharge. Make it a priority.
- Clean the ceiling fan, as it is a major dust magnet. To prevent dust from getting everywhere, try this hack: Using an old pillowcase, cover each blade one at a time and use it to remove dust.
- Using an extendable duster, clean hard-to-reach places, including cobwebs in high corners.
- Throw your window treatments in the wash or arrange to take them to the dry cleaners. Wash windows and window sills. Dust blinds. Open your windows and let some fresh air in while you finish the job.
- Clean walls with warm, soapy water. Don’t forget about doors, baseboards, door knobs, and light switches.
- Wash all your bedding, including the mattress pad.
- Using a dry microfiber cloth, dust all artwork and picture frames. Also dust any furniture in your room.
- Using the upholstery attachment on your vacuum, vacuum your mattress, then flip it over. Vacuum the other side. Use the same attachment to clean lampshades. Use the crevice attachment to clean where your carpet meets the baseboard. Move nightstands and vacuum as much of the room as possible.
- Treat yourself to a vase of fresh flowers or an essential oil diffuser. Lavender and cedar wood are both great sleep-inducing and stress-relieving oils.
Bedroom Spring Cleaning & StorageMart
No amount of cleaning will turn your bedroom into an oasis if you have boxes stacked everywhere and your closets are overflowing. At StorageMart, we offer well lit and affordable self storage units that can be rented on a month-by-month basis. Check out our storage unit guide to find the size that’s right for you or contact us to rent a unit onlinetoday.