We take a lot of pride in the effort we make to truly become a part of each of the communities we call home. One of the most rewarding ways we make that happen is by getting involved with great non-profit organizations in those areas where we operate. Each year we sponsor events/teams/organizations, donate storage space and make our grounds available for fundraising events.
We’ve also been fortunate to partner with Charity Storage
to provide financial contributions to some great organizations as well.Charity Storage is an industry-wide giving back program that helps turn storage unit auctions into a fundraising opportunity. Each of our facilities sets aside at least one storage unit as a “charity unit.” Our customers, and individuals from the community who may not be renting storage space from us, are then invited to donate items they’re no longer using from their storage units or homes to the charity unit. Once the charity unit is filled up, it goes up for auction. We then take all the funds generated from all our charity auctions and, with the help of Charity Storage, distribute them evenly among our non-profit partners.
Those partners include the following wonderful organizations. Kure It Cancer Research
– Kure It is the official non-profit partner of Charity Storage. Founded by self storage industry leader Barry Hoeven, Kure It provides funding for research into rarer forms of cancers which haven’t seen the same level of research as more common forms. American Red Cross – Heart of Missouri Chapter
– The Heart of Missouri Chapter of the Red Cross provides the wide range of services for which the Red Cross is known to people in 21 counties in Central Missouri. Open Books
– Open Books is a non-profit bookstore operating in Downtown Chicago. Open Books uses the funds generated by book sales to fund and provide literacy programs for students of all ages. Lexington Habitat for Humanity
– This local chapter of Habitat for Humanity builds and restores homes for lower incomes families and individuals and advocates for fair housing policies in the Lexington, Kentucky area. Wayside Waifs
– Founded more than 70 years ago, Wayside Waifs is the largest no-kill animal shelter operating in the Kansas City area. Women In Need – NYC
- Since 1983, WIN has been helping homeless New York City women and their children transform their lives through a progressive and holistic approach that doesn’t simply provide a hand out, but a way out. WIN’s life-changing process starts with clean housing and includes vital programs and services developed to break the cycle of homelessness, so the women and children who are caught in the cycle can look forward to a brighter future. Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Central Texas
– The Austin-based chapter of Big Brothers, Big Sisters provides children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. Central Missouri Foster Care and Adoption Association
– CMFCAA educates, supports and advocates for foster and adoptive children, youth and families in central Missouri by offering services and partnering with community and governmental agencies to develop healthy and self-sufficient individuals and families. San Antonio Humane Society
– The San Antonio Humane Society is a no-kill organization that has served Bexar County and its surrounding areas since 1952. Every year, they shelter, medically treat and rehabilitate approximately 5,000 animals who have been injured, abused or abandoned until they are ready for adoption.