Whether you’re looking to raise a family or launch your career (or both), Regina is one of those places where you can make it happen, while still being comfortable and enjoying a high quality of life.
But there is one thing that very few of us enjoy—and that’s moving. It’s a big hassle and a big expense.
By taking the time to hire a reputable moving company, you can eliminate a whole lot of the stress of moving, which will allow you to start enjoying your new life sooner.
Questions to Ask Moving Companies in Regina
There is a vast range in the quality of moving companies. Some basically just subcontract the work out to whomever they can find, while other companies have been in business for decades and pride themselves on making their clients’ moves as pleasant as possible.
Here are a few questions to ask to make sure you’re hiring a quality company:
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you do the work yourself or subcontract it out?
- Will you come to my house first and provide an in-home estimate?
- Can you provide me with references?
- What kind of packing supplies do you offer?
- Will you disassemble and reassemble furniture?
- What steps do you take to avoid scuffing walls or floors?
- How many people will be handling the move?
Consider Reputable Sources
The internet can be an extremely helpful resource, but you also never really know when a review is legitimate—and when it was written by an employee or friend of the company being reviewed.
In addition to your online research, it’s always a good idea to ask around. Ask the Realtor who helped you find your home for moving company suggestions, check in with friends who have recently moved, and take a minute to call your local better business bureau.
At the end of the day, moving is a big deal. It pays to take a few extra minutes to make sure you’re hiring a moving company you’re going to be happy with.
Calgary Moving Companies to Get You Started
- Vic’s The Moving Man: Whether you’re transporting antiques or the contents of a warehouse, Vic’s promises to get the job done without hassle or stress to you.
- Duke Moving Service: “Smooth” and “stress-free” are the terms online reviewers used to describe this moving company. They show up with all the supplies you’ll need, including free mattress bags.
- Two Small Men with Big Hearts Moving Company: The name says it all, right? Check out the helpful tips they have for saving money on your move.
Self Storage Near Regina
Moving takes effort, of course, but it doesn’t have to be a bad experience. One thing that can really help is to have a little wiggle room—and that’s exactly what renting a storage unit can do for you.
At StorageMart, you can rent a unit as small as 25 square feet or so—or up to the size of a garage. Our self storage units can be rented on a month-by-month basis and are always clean and well lit. Need more info? Check out our storage unit guide or rent a unit online today.