With a population of about 300,000, Saskatoon is the largest city in Saskatchewan. It’s also home to the University of Saskatchewan and is known for being bitter cold in the winter, but sunny most every day of the year.
The secret to enjoying life in Saskatoon, according to residents, is to bundle up in the winter—and get outside in the summer to enjoy the South Saskatchewan River and many hiking trails and lakes nearby.
Do Your Homework
The internet is obviously a great resource for all kinds of things, including finding a moving company. But, at the same time, it’s hard to beat a good old-fashioned recommendation from someone you know.
Ask your neighbors, co-workers, and friends if they have any experience with a local moving company. Your Realtor may also be able to refer you to a reputable company.
Questions to Ask Saskatoon Moving Companies
We’ve all heard the horror stories about moving—broken TVs, lost jewelry, movers who showed up six hours late. Here are a few questions to help you weed out the bad apples.
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you do the work yourself or subcontract it out?
- Will you come to my house first and provide an in-home estimate?
- Can you provide me with references?
- What kind of packing supplies do you offer?
- Will you disassemble and reassemble furniture?
- What steps do you take to avoid scuffing walls or floors?
- How many people will be handling the move?
Saskatoon Moving Companies to Get You Started
- Saskatoon Movers: The owners of this company went into business after moving themselves—and seeing how much better they could make the process.
- A&E Moving and Delivery: This young husband-and-wife delivery team (Alik and Erin) can move anything—and seem to have fun doing it.
- M&S Moving Services: This company specializes in last-minute and short-notice moving and will relocate you as far away as British Columbia or Toronto.
Self Storage Near Saskatoon
Moving is hard, but it doesn’t have to be stressful. One thing nobody needs? To worry about what to do with your stuff in between the time you sell your old house and move into your new house.
At StorageMart, you can rent a unit as small as 25 square feet or so—or up to the size of a garage. Our self storage units can be rented on a month-by-month basis and are always clean and well lit. Need more info? Check out our storage unit guide or rent a unit online today.