A thriving job market, access to nature, good healthcare, and educational opportunities make Calgary a great place to live.
The key is finding a house that fits your needs, is within your budget, and makes you smile.
That’s where the right realtor comes in. He or she should know the city like the back of their hand while guiding you to the neighborhoods that will work best for you.
Homes in Calgary
The decision to move to Calgary may have been easy, but choosing the neighborhood you’d like to live in can be much harder because there are many enticing options.
Beltline is known for its art galleries, while Eau Claire is where you’ll find all the festivals. Kensington is one of the most walkable neighborhoods in all of Calgary, but early risers might opt for Bridgeland, an area that has the reputation as the city’s unofficial breakfast capital.
Downtown Calgary is a shopper’s paradise. Inglewood has history and great architecture to flaunt. Then there are Chinatown, Marda Loop, and more. You can see why it’s so important to hire an agent with intimate knowledge of all of Calgary.
Questions to Ask Real Estate Agents in Calgary
Whether you’re buying or selling, finding the right realtor can make all the difference. Here are a few questions to ask before making any decisions.
• How many years of experience do you have in the business?
• How do you plan to market my home?
• Do you plan on holding open houses?
• What kind of photography do you use?
• Can you provide me with references?
• Will I be working directly with you?
• How do you handle multiple offers?
• What neighborhoods do you specialize in?
• How many clients are you currently working with?
• What will it cost me to sell my house?
• Can you help connect me with other professionals such as movers or decorators?
3 Top Realtors in Calgary
1. Bryan Howard, RE/MAX. Howard says that Calgary is a buyer’s market right now, and he’s ready to help you find the home of your dreams. Howard is also a good choice for sellers because he has sold an average of one house per week since 2006.
2. Jonathan Popowich, RE/MAX. Popowich is as passionate about Calgary as he is about selling homes. Years of flipping real estate have given him the ability to see a home’s true potential and advise his clients accordingly.
3. Crystal Tost, RE/MAX. Two decades in the business have given Tost the skills she needs to find you what you’re looking for. She also has a large social media presence, with over 1,000 followers on Instagram.
StorageMart and Calgary
Finding the right realtor is the first step. But what happens when your agent sells your home too fast and your new place isn’t ready yet? That’s what you call a good problem to have.
At StorageMart, you can rent a self storage unit as small as 25 square feet or up to the size of a garage. Our self storage units can be rented on a month-by-month basis and are always clean and well lit. Need more info? Check out our storage unit guide or rent a unit online today.