Spring cleaning is like a breath of fresh air.
It leaves you feeling both relaxed and exhilarated. More importantly, it means that both you—and your home—are ready for all of the fun that spring and summer bring with them.
Living Room Cleaning Checklist
The living room is where you cozy up on the couch to watch your favorite show. It’s also where you entertain family and friends. Here’s how to get it ready for any occasion that may come your way.
- Clean window treatments—or take them down and make plans to take them to the drycleaners.
- Start high and work your way down. That means cleaning your crown molding, if you have any, and cleaning corner cobwebs using an extendable duster. If you have a ceiling fan, grab an old pillow cloth and wrap it around your fan, one blade at a time.
Dust all bookcases, shelves, and tables. Also dust any electronics in the room. Same goes for any artwork, knick-knacks, or photos.
- Clean walls with warm, soapy water. Don’t forget about doors, door knobs, and light switches.
- Use a vacuum with an attachment to dust lampshades and clean underneath chair and couch cushions.
- Ready to go the extra step? Rent a carpet and upholstery cleaning machine and tackle furniture and carpets.
Living Room Cleaning & StorageMart
No amount of cleaning will make your home feel tidy and organized if the real problem is that you’re short on space. At StorageMart, we offer well-lit and affordable self storage units that can be rented on a month-by-month basis. Check out our storage unit guide to find the size that’s right for you or contact us to rent a unit online today.