The city of Edmonton likes to keep things lively. It’s home to the biggest mall in North America, known for its many summer festivals and is the most northern city on the continent with more than a million people. It’s light out past 10 p.m. during the summer, and some say Edmonton has the best bakery in all of Canada, where you simply must try the Duke Cake, featuring layers of salted caramel and whipped chocolate ganache.
It’s a great place to live, for sure. But that doesn’t make the process of moving any less painful.
There is, however, one thing that can take the stress out of moving day. And that’s taking the time to hire a quality mover with a proven track record.
Questions to Ask Edmonton Moving Companies
You can hire a college kid who rents a truck to move. Or you can hire an insured and bonded moving company with decades of experience.
Here are a few questions to ask to make sure your mover gets the job done—without losing or breaking items or scuffing floors or walls.
• How long have you been in business?
• Do you do the work yourself or subcontract it out?
• Will you come to my house first and provide an in-home estimate?
• Can you provide me with references?
• What kind of packing supplies do you offer?
• Will you disassemble and reassemble furniture?
• What steps do you take to avoid scuffing walls or floors?
• How many people will be handling the move?
Consider Reputable Sources
The internet is a great starting point for gathering information, but when it’s time to pull the trigger, you’ll also want to consider the advice of actual human beings you trust.
Before you hire a moving company, ask your realtor whom he or she recommends. Check in with colleagues or friends who have recently moved in the area. It’s also a good idea to call your local better business bureau to see if there are any specific complaints against the company you are considering hiring.
Edmonton Moving Companies to Get You Started
1. Pro Service Moving Inc: This company promises to blow you away with how quick, efficient and affordable it is. Small jobs are also welcome!
2. Eager Beaver Moving: Founded in 1984, this family business prides itself on the quality of its work. Reviews call their service “exceptional.”
3. Integrity Movers: Whether you want to move an entire home, a single item, or even an office, this company has you covered with its “white glove service.”
Self Storage Near Edmonton
Moving can create a lot of timing issues. Maybe you left your old house, but your new place isn’t ready yet. Or maybe you’re planning on selling a lot of your stuff, but you need more time to get organized.
Whether you have a whole house worth of items to store or just a few things, StorageMart has you covered. You can rent a unit as small as 25 square feet or so—or up to the size of a garage. Even better, our self storage units can be rented on a month-by-month basis and are always clean and well lit. Need more info? Check out our storage unit guide or rent a unit online today.