We all know and love the Bears, Cubs, White Sox, and Bulls. But the city of Chicago also boasts a full line-up of minor league teams where you’ll have the opportunity to get great seats at reasonable prices. It also offers the chance to see less mainstream sports like rugby, softball, and even roller derby.
Minor League Sports Teams Chicago
No matter what sport you want to watch, chances are good you’ll find it in Chicago.
• Chicago Lions Rugby. Established in 1964, this team plays at Chicago Hope Academy Field.
• Chicago Griffins Rugby Football Club. They play at Riis Park in Chicago. This team was founded in 1973.
• Chicago Wolves. This ice hockey team plays out of Allstate Arena. The Wolves have enjoyed back-to-back division title-winning seasons.
• Windy City Rollers. This women’s flat-track roller derby team was founded by Juanna Rumbeland Sister Sledgehammer in 2004.
• Chicago Bandits. This women’s softball team won its third championship in 2015. It plays at Parkway Bank Sports Complex in Rosemont, Illinois.
• Chicago Outfit Roller Derby. Founded in 2007, this women’s roller derby team plays in the Windy City Field House.
• Chicago Red Stars. This team competes in the National Women’s Soccer League.
• Chicago Swans. This team was founded in 1998. It plays in the Mid American Australian Football League Team.
• Chicago Knights. This indoor league football team plays at Victory Sports Complex in Loves Park, Illinois.
• Chicago Bliss. This women’s football team is part of the Legends Football League.
• Chicago Carnage. This men’s inline hockey team participates in the only full contact roller hockey league in the world.
• Chicago Stockyarders. This team offers more Chicago rugby for those who can’t get enough.
• Chicago Wildfire. This ultimate team competes in the Midwest Division of the American Ultimate Disc League.
• Chicago Mustangs. This indoor soccer team plays its games in the Sears Centre.
• Chicago Red Hots. This family-friendly roller derby team earned third place in the nation in 2017.
• Windy City Bulls. Part of the NBA G League, this team plays out of the Sears Centre in nearby Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
Minor League Baseball in and Near Chicago
Chicago has two professional baseball teams and a half-dozen minor league teams. They include the Chicago Dogs in Rosemont, the Kane County Cougars in Geneva, the Joliet Slammers in Joliet, the Windy City Thunderbolts in Crestwood, the SouthShore RailCats in Gary, and the Schaumburg Boomers in Schaumburg.
Why We Love the Windy City
At StorageMart, we’re proud of the communities we serve, especially when they’ve got as much going on as Chicago does. From the amazing shopping to the world-class dining, we’re always up for an afternoon or night out in the Windy City.