Apartment Storage Solutions
Whether you spend most of your time in your home or pop in after a long day at work, you want your time in your house or apartment to be comfortable and relaxing. But as you gather more stuff, it can start to feel like the walls are closing in.
If you’re struggling to organize your home due to all your belongings, self storage units for apartment renters or house renters could be an ideal solution for you. Rent online, by phone, or come see us in person. We’ll make it quick and easy to find a storage unit near you so you can start making your house or apartment feel like a home again.
Signs You Aren't Getting the Most Out of Your Apartment
If these situations sound familiar to you, it may be time to think about storage units for apartment renters so you can maximize your space. Here are the signs:
You Can’t Find Anything: It seems like you’re always looking for your stuff—you really need to clean out and organize, but you’re struggling to find the space for it all. When you reach junk drawer number four, you know it may be time to get some more space.
You’re Afraid to Open the Closet: Seasonal clothes, decorations, and other rarely used items are filling your closets and storage space to the brim. Forget a junk drawer – if you have a junk closet then it might be time to look for other storage options.
You’re On a Strict Budget: Rent is expensive, especially in big cities. You’d like to expand, but money is tight and moving into a bigger place just isn’t in the cards right now. A DIY crate shelf can only take you so far in terms of freeing up extra space in your home, so it may be time to look at some storage solutions.
Storage Tips for Apartments or Rental Houses
No one wants to be a live among piles of clutter. But doesn’t it feel like every time you think you have your home organized, you acquire more stuff? Whether you have excess furniture, an overabundance of kitchen items you’re not using, or a closet full of old clothes and shoes – it's time to declutter.
- Take Inventory of Your Belongings: Before deciding on what items to store, consider creating categories of unused items and making an inventory of what you have. You can either donate the unused items you don’t want or hang onto them for self storage.
- Assess the Value: Everyone hangs onto to certain items because they mean something to you, and there's no shame in that. If you have some items that can be removed from your home, but you just can’t find it in you to donate or throw them away – consider storing them in self storage.
- Go Room by Room: Decluttering and cleaning your home can be overwhelming. It makes it much less stressful to start with just one room and find items you need to store. Once you have one whole room done, it will make it easier to keep moving.
- Create Storage Zones: As you pack up items for self storage, it’s a good idea to create storage zones for easier access in the future. For example, pack only kitchen items in one box and label it for self storage, or you can designate an empty room or area of the basement for extra storage.
- Free Up Your Closet: This tip applies mainly to those who live in an apartment where they provide one measly closet to store all your extra things. Instead of packing the closet full of miscellaneous items, try renting a self storage unit and make the closet just for clothes and shoes.
With convenient access hours, and 24-hour access available by request at some locations, it’s easy to store clothes, decorations, and other belongings that you don’t have quite enough room for at home while still being able to grab them when you need them. We also have a variety of unit sizes and types to all budgets and storage needs. Just use our Self Storage Calculator to find the right size unit for you.
Apartment Living and Storage Unit Solutions
You shouldn’t have to sacrifice your budget, lifestyle, or freedom—finding an affordable self storage solution that fits your needs can help. Spread out and get organized, host a party without worrying about the mess, or simply enjoy life with a little less clutter.
When finding ways to declutter your home, we offer the self storage units you need for home organization. Our storage facilities offer you the addiitonal space you are searching for and amenities like climate controlled units to maximize the lifespan of your important documents, family heirlooms, mattresses, or your household furnishings. With our convenient locations across the US, Canada, and U.K., it just takes a few minutes to find a location close to you and rent online.
FIND A STORAGE FACILITY NEAR YOU!
TIPS for renters
Make the most of your apartment space with these handy tips for renters.
Before calling or renting self storage online, look at the most commonly asked questions customers have.
Planning a move? We can help you relocate with self storage and ease some stress.
After you’ve signed your self storage lease and you’re ready to move in, check out our tips on the best way to organize your unit.
- Before calling or renting self storage online, look at the most commonly asked questions customers have.
- Planning a move? We can help you relocate with self storage and ease some stress.
- After you’ve signed your self storage lease and you’re ready to move in, check out our tips on the best way to organize your unit.