If you’re moving to Chicago, you have a lot to look forward to: Walks along the lake, visits to museums, some of the best shopping in the world, vibrant neighborhoods, fantastic restaurants, and professional sports teams.
But one thing you’re probably not looking forward to is your actual move. Luckily, taking the time to hire the right moving company can take a lot of the stress out of the big day.
Questions to Ask Chicago Moving Companies
You can always rent a truck and manage your move yourself—as long as you’re not worried about wrenching your back or finding enough friends to help.
But it can make life a whole lot easier to hire a moving company. Here are a few questions to ask to make sure your mover gets the job done—without losing or breaking items or scuffing floors or walls.
• How long have you been in business?
• Do you do the work yourself or subcontract it out?
• Will you come to my house first and provide an in-home estimate?
• Can you provide me with references?
• What kind of packing supplies do you offer?
• Will you disassemble and reassemble furniture?
• What steps do you take to avoid scuffing walls or floors?
• How many people will be handling the move?
3 Chicago Moving Companies to Get You Started
1. New City Moving: With more than 70,000 moves under its belt, this company has plenty of experience. It has also invested in technology like real time tracking to make your move completely seamless.
2. Collins Family Movers: A family owned business, this company says they “specialize in hustle” — a claim backed by hundreds of positive online reviews.
3. 2 Guys and a Van: This locally owned company does it all, including intra-building moving, office moving, and moving that only requires labor. They also specialize in dorm, apartment, and condo moves.
Self Storage Near Chicago
Whether you have an entire house worth of items to store or just a few things, StorageMart has you covered. You can rent a unit as small as 25 square feet or so—or up to the size of a garage. Even better, our self storage units can be rented on a month-by-month basis and are always clean and well lit. Need more info? Check out our storage unit guide or rent a unit online today.