At the risk of making every other American city jealous, we might just have to speculate that Des Moines, Iowa offers the best of both worlds. The traffic isn’t bad and housing is affordable. At the same time, the downtown continues to grow and thrive, attracting both hip new restaurants and plenty of new residents.
And let’s not forget one of the most important attributes of all: Des Moines is home to the Iowa State Fair. Come to see the infamous cow sculpted out of butter—or to taste some of the most delicious fried foods in the country, including fried mac-and-cheese, fried Thanksgiving balls (turkey and veggies), fried Oreos and even fried butter.
Questions to Ask Des Moines Moving Companies
You can invite a bunch of your college friends over to help you move—for the price of just pizza and beer. But remember, you’ll be paying all of those friends back by helping with all of their moves.
What’s more, if you’re moving any distance at all, you’ll want to hire a professional moving company.
Here are a few questions to ask to make sure your mover gets the job done—without losing or breaking items or scuffing floors or walls.
• How long have you been in business?
• Do you do the work yourself or subcontract it out?
• Will you come to my house first and provide an in-home estimate?
• Can you provide me with references?
• What kind of packing supplies do you offer?
• Will you disassemble and reassemble furniture?
• What steps do you take to avoid scuffing walls or floors?
• How many people will be handling the move?
3 Des Moines Moving Companies to Get You Started
There’s a lot of different moving companies to choose from, so here are three to help you get started:
1. Affordable Movers: In addition to helping with your move, this company will haul junk away and can provide a Dumpster.
2. Kai Kai’s Moving Pros: Locally owned, this moving company is known for being flexible, careful and completely prepared with any supplies you may need.
3. All Mighty Movers: It’s all about superior customer service at this moving company, so expect top notch service. This company also moves offices, as well.
Self Storage Near Des Moines
Whether you have an entire house worth of items to store or just a few things, StorageMart has you covered. You can rent a unit as small as 25 square feet or so—or up to the size of a garage. Even better, our self storage units can be rented on a month-by-month basis and are always clean and well lit. Need more info? Check out our storage unit guide or rent a unit online today.