How to Find a Moving Company in Miami
Hiring the right movers can make or break your move—literally, as anyone with cracked dishes or smashed glassware knows. And it might be tempting to go cheap and save a few bucks—until you realize your jewelry is missing.
Moving can be a whole lot less painful if you hire the right people. Here’s how to find the best.
Questions to Ask Miami Moving Companies
There are dozens of moving companies in the Miami area and, before you hire anyone, you’ll want to ask a few questions:
• How long have you been in business?
• Do you do the work yourself or subcontract it out?
• Will you come to my house first and provide an in-home estimate?
• Can you provide me with references?
Don’t just rely on the Internet to scout out potential companies. Ask local realtors who they recommend, talk to friends and find out who your neighbors have used.
Consider Reputable Reviews
There are all kinds of websites that claim to offer unbiased reviews, but are really pay-to-play, meaning that those reviews are bought and paid for and, therefore, unreliable.
But there are some good resources out there that you can count on. One of the best is Angie’s List, an online directory founded in 1995 to offer crowd-sourced reviews of local contractors and companies.
Angie’s List was created as a subscription service, but started offering free memberships in 2016, meaning it won’t cost you anything to check out Miami-based moving companies that have received an A grade from Angie’s List.
Miami Moving Companies to Get You Started
To help you get a jump on your moving company search, here are three top-rated moving services in the Miami area:
1. Local n Long Distance Movers: These guys have years of experience doing both local and long distance moves for customers. They offer premium packing and moving services done by highly-trained staff at affordable rates to make your move as stress-free as possible.
2. Fuentes Moving: This south Florida moving company is family owned and operated with years of experience in the moving industry. Professionally trained staff handle your move from start to finish and they’re equipped to manage last-minute moves.
3. Miami Movers for Less: This company takes an efficient approach to moving, making it easy to get a moving quote and offering packing, local and long distance moving services. They make the process quick and affordable, and moving insurance is included to protect your belongings.
Self Storage Near Miami
Moving is hard, but self storage can make the process a whole lot easier, buying you the time you need to set your house up without losing your mind.
At StorageMart, you can rent a unit as small as 25 square feet or so—or up to the size of a garage. We offer affordable self storage units that can be rented on a month-by-month basis and are always clean and well lit. Need more info? Check out our storage unit guide or rent a unit online today.