Your bedroom should be a place of peace and comfort. Somewhere where you can relax, be productive with work, and play video games or watch Netflix. But with clothes on the floor, an unorganized desk, and various cups everywhere – it can quickly become an area of anxiety.
One of the first things you’ll want to do is take inventory of what you have. This will give you a good idea of what needs to be stored away and what can be put on display. Once you know what you have, you can start thinking about how to best utilize your space.
Bedroom Organization Ideas
We’ll lay out some organization tips to keep your bedroom clean and clutter-free. A tidy bedroom not only looks better but it will also be more inviting and relaxing.
- Pick up everything off the floor: this includes dirty clothes, shoes, trash, and other miscellaneous items. Once everything is gathered, put away everything that doesn’t belong. It’s a good idea to get an empty trash bag, and an empty hamper.
- Go through your dresser: put away out of season clothes, take out any clothing with holes or needing mending, and donate clothes you don’t wear anymore or throw them away if they are in bad condition. This will clear up valuable space in your dresser, so you don’t need to cram in clean clothes.
- If you have a nightstand next to your bed, go through and declutter it. Donate books you’ve read or don’t want anymore, put away any earbuds or headphones, and organize any other extra items.
- Move your bed if you can or look underneath to see if there is any trash or items that can be properly stored. Things like extra blankets, pillows, dog or cat toys, empty suitcases, and clothing.
- If you have any jewelry, organize it into a jewelry box. This will prevent any tangles or damage to your jewelry.
- Shoes can be stored in a shoe rack, a bin, or even under the bed. Organize them by season or by how often you wear them to make sure they’re easily accessible when you need them.
- Store any extra blankets, pillows, or linens in a storage bin or in a closet. If you have a closet dedicated to blankets and linens; it makes it much easier to find what you need instead of having to search through a cluttered mess.
Bedroom Closet Organization
Most of the time bedroom closets are relatively small, unless you have a walk-in of course. They can become cluttered very quickly with clothing, suitcases, shoes and boxes or bins of miscellaneous belongings.
Try to organize your clothing by color, type of clothing, or season. This will make it much easier to find what clothing you are looking for instead of having to search through piles or unorganized clothes hangers.
Self Storage for Bedrooms
Hopefully these tips will help with organizing your bedroom and keeping it clutter-free to reduce stress and make your life easier. If you find that you don’t have enough room to store your seasonal clothing or extra items like suitcases and blankets, consider renting a self storage unit. At StorageMart and Manhattan Mini Storage you can rent affordable units with no long-term contracts. Try out our Self Storage Calculator and rent online today!