Packing can be such a pain, especially when it comes to breakables like glasses. Back in the day, you could just grab some newspaper and wrap fragile items up. For most of us, it isn’t quite so easy anymore.
Still, with just a bit of effort, you can make sure that you’re able to celebrate your move with a nice tall glass of lemonade (or something stronger).
Tips to Pack and Move Glasses Easily
- Although newspapers are (almost) extinct, getting supplies specially made for packing and shipping has never been easier. You can stop by your local big box hardware store, where you’ll certainly find glass divider kits. Even if you’re using a glass divider, you’ll still want to wrap each glass in packing paper or bubble wrap.
- If you aren’t able to get your hands on a glass divider, you can still pack your glasses securely. Start with a cardboard box and make sure you have either packing paper or bubble wrap on hand. Position your glass on the center of your packing material, then tuck each corner into the top of the glass and tape to secure the whole thing.
- Insulate your box by placing either crumbled packing paper or layers of bubble wrap on the bottom and also on top of your glasses. The goal is to make sure that your glasses aren’t rattling around while being moved from one location to another.
- Reinforce the corners and bottoms of your cardboard boxes with packing tape.
- Just have a few glasses to move? Sure, you can go ahead and get creative, using dishtowels, sheets, shoes, or even t-shirts. Just make sure that your box is packed tight, without any extra room.
How to Pack Glassware and StorageMart
While we all know what a hassle moving can be, there are ways to make it easier. One is to have proper packing materials on hand. Another is to have a really strong friend with a pick-up truck. Finally, you can use self storage to cover any gaps you have between when you have to leave your old place and when you can move into your new place.
At StorageMart, we offer well lit and affordable self storage units that can be rented on a month-by-month basis. Check out our storage unit guide to find the size that’s right for you or contact us to rent a unit online today.