How to Prepare Garden Tools for Self Storage
A lush green lawn is essential for your curb appeal, but a blooming flower or vegetable garden is even better for your peace of mind. Garden tool storage is a key concern when you are looking for short-term or long-term spaces for your essential tools, such as watering cans, shovels, rakes, hoes, and forks. You care for your tools, which is why when storing garden tools, you’ll want to make sure you take the right approach. Maintain the high quality condition of your garden tools and household items, when utilizing these garden tool storage tips. The methods you use to secure your treasured tools can help expand the life of your tools, so you can continue to do what you love while in the great outdoors.
Garden Tool Storage Tips
Find peace of mind, knowing that your garden tools are safely packaged and stored. Start preparing for a move, renovation project, or de-cluttering efforts by taking these steps to securely pack up and store your garden tools.
- Clean Your Garden Tools: You demand high performance, which is why preparing your garden tools for storage is an essential task. Start by thoroughly cleaning each tool. Remove built-up dirt and dust with a hose or wet cloth. As a gardener, you know that build-up not only sticks like glue, but it can also impact the performance of your gardening tools.
- Dismantle Parts: Garden tools can be big and bulky, but if you have any tools that can be dismantled, you’ll find it easier to store them. Safeguard any screws in a clear plastic bag and tape the bag directly to the base of the garden tool.
- Store in Original Packaging: If you have the original packaging for your garden tools, the best way to pack them up is to fit them back into these boxes. However, if you don’t still have the packaging, use heavy-duty boxes or even plastic tubs to store gardening tools. Protect yourself from coming into contact with sharp objects by wrapping each tool with bubble wrap or a blanket before storing. Fill in the gaps of each box with towels, cloths, or newspaper for extra protection.
- Pack Lighter Boxes: Avoid the risk of hurting yourself physically when lifting boxes filled with heavy garden tools. Instead, pack lightly so you can easily manage each box when transporting to a self storage unit.
How to Protect Power Tools
Your power tools are valuable, which is why they need extra protection when moving these items into a self storage unit. When storing power tools, consider these tips:
- Opt for a climate controlled unit to protect your equipment from weather conditions and harsh temperatures
- Always wrap sharp ends with bubble wrap, blankets, or comforters sealed with packing tape
- Clean each power tool thoroughly before storing to prevent the formation of rust, mold, or bacteria
Choosing the Right Self Storage Unit for Your Garden Tools
You have options when it comes to storing your treasured gardening tools. StorageMart features climate controlled storage units to offer ultimate protection to extend the life of your garden tools. In addition, you have options when it comes to space. When you choose StorageMart, you have plentiful options, such as units that range from small (20 to 80 square feet), medium (81 to 150 square feet), and large (151 to 300 square feet).
Selecting a Storage Unit with StorageMart
Safeguard your investment when storing garden tools. When properly packed and stored, you can extend the life of each tool, knowing that they are carefully protected during transport and while in storage. StorageMart is here to help. Premium units available from StorageMart include spacious options and our expert staff is ready to assist you in finding a temporary or permanent home for your prized possessions. Find a StorageMart location in the United States, the United Kingdom, or Canada, and reserve a unit online today.
FIND A FACILITY NEAR YOU!
Learn self storage tips from the experts at StorageMart
Read this helpful guide from StorageMart to improve your quality of life with self storage.