Whether it’s in the basement man cave or on a patio, home bars are a great way to entertain guests in your home. However, they can easily become cluttered and disorganized. With a few tips and tricks, you can turn your home bar into a stylish and functional space. Here are some tips to get you started.
Wet Bar Organization
- First, take stock of what you have. Empty out all the shelves and cabinets and lay everything out on the bar top or table. This will help you see what you have to work with and where things need to go.
- Next, decide on a storage solution for all your alcohol and wine bottles. Do you want to keep them stored in a locked cabinet? Or would you prefer a rack or shelf? If you have a lot of bottles of wine, you might even want to invest in a wine cooler.
- Once you’ve decided how you’re going to store your alcohol, it’s time to start organizing everything else. Group similar items together to start. This might include glassware, mixers, and gadgets. Then, organize these groups in a way that makes sense to you. For example, you might want to keep all the glassware on one shelf and all the mixers on another. It’s also a good idea to keep stirring spoons, shakers, strainers, bottle chillers, and jiggers all in the same area for easy access when mixing cocktails.
- Next you will want to clean and organize your wine cooler or mini fridge if you have one. Spills from beer or wine can become sticky and get all over the bottles or cans in the fridge. Your best bet is to use a wet wipe or some cleaning spray and paper towels. We recommend cleaning your coolers and refrigerators monthly.
- Don’t forget about aesthetics! Your home bar should be inviting and pleasing to the eye. So, take some time to arrange everything in a way that is both functional and visually appealing.
- The final step is to maximize your seating area at the bar. Larger bar stools may take up more room than you can functionally afford. Narrow stools and backless stools take up less space and will afford you a bit more room for additional seating.
Self Storage Solutions
Use these tips to help maximize your home bar space and create a space your friends and family will love to gather. If you need more room on the patio or in your man cave, a storage unit is the perfect way to enhance your living space. At StorageMart and Manhattan Mini Storage we offer affordable units with no long-term contracts, rent online today!